Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Update from the MTC

I just got off the phone with Rob who spoke with his Bro, Jesse, Stu's Fijian teacher. Sorry if the details aren't what you hoped for, you know men and their lack of details, i.e. the birth weight, baby length, length of finger nails, skin tone, number of hair follicles...etc.

Stu introduced himself as "Hi I'm Elder Jakins, and I like to play video games" everyone laughed.

Jesse said Stu is doing a stellar job, humble, just as good if not better than all the groups of missionaries that have come through before.

Said the whole group is doing well, no contention, no clicks, no drama, etc. Said they're a really good group.

When Jesse went to Fiji, he didn't use the language he learned for the first year he learned a whole new language, Rotuman or something like that....not to be confused with Romulan...

Rob said Jesse was just raving about Stu and it sounds like he's doing awesome. I asked if it gets frustrating at some point learning the language... he didn't say if he knew. I just think that's a miracle, these missionaries really are guided by the Lord in learning this language that will bless ALL people from ALL nations.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Dale, it's Katie Chase.
Thanks for leaving comments on our blog, it's so fun to hear from you. But, we can't get onto your family blog anymore, could you send us an invite?
katieachase@gmail.com